There’re two reasons for the gum recession to occur. It can occur because of the age of the person or due to bad oral hygiene. When it occurs, the gum line that surrounds the teeth starts to expose more of the tooth as it wears away. Receding gums are considered to be one of the early signs of gum disease. However, there’re ways to treat and reverse the gum recession. One of the ways is to switch to an electric toothbrush and to help you find the best electric toothbrush for receding gums.
If you are still fostering that belief, be warned that anybody can be a victim of receding gums regardless of their age. However, according to the California Dental Association (CDA), this problem is seen more in the adults aged over 40 than those who are at their teens.
In this article, we’ve put together a collection of the best Electric Toothbrushes For Receding Gums that are currently available on the market. To help you find the perfect Electric Toothbrushes For Receding Gum among a wide variety of options, we constantly update our collection with new and trending models. When you make any purchase from our independently chosen collection, we may earn some commission.
5 Best Electric Toothbrushes of 2021:
This is one of the best electric toothbrushes in the Sonicare line and is also best electric toothbrush for gingivitis. It features the patented sonic technology, the sweeping motions of which drive fluids along your gum line helping to stimulate them. Its 31,000 brush strokes per minute also help to drive fluids deep between the teeth to effectively remove plaque even from tight spaces. Its useful features make it the best electric toothbrush for treating receding gums.
Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean electric toothbrush is designed to improve the health of the gums in just 2 weeks. It’s got 5 different modes. For those who have receding gums, it offers the Gum Care and Sensitive modes. The Gum Care is provided for 3 minute brushing to improve gingival health. The Sensitive mode works with a more gentle motion of the brush, making it suitable for those who have sensitive teeth and helping with gingival health.
It comes with 2 brush heads, a travel case with a USB charger, and a charging glass with a multi-voltage base.
- Removes up to six times more bacterial plaque along the gumline compared to a regular brush
- Proven to improve gum health
- Up to 100% better clean than that of a regular manual toothbrush
- Ergonomic easy-grip handle
- Cup-shaped brush head design allows for an even, yet gentle cleaning
- Has no pressure sensors, but intensity settings ensure comfortable brushing
Receding gums can be an indication of too much pressure or the start of gum disease. It’s important to find a toothbrush like the Sonicare ProtectiveClean that will remove excess pressure. You don’t need to brush aggressively to clean your teeth and have healthy gums.
QuadPacer and Smartimer – Each timer helps you clean the quadrants of your mouth efficiently. You should spend 2 minutes on your total brushing, so that means devoting 30 seconds to each of the 4 quadrants. The QuadPacer and Smartimer will alert you when the right amount of time has passed.
High-Quality Bristles – The bristles of this ProtectiveClean are soft and gentle yet they’ll provide a quality clean. The bristles are gentle, with a curved tip that will make it easy to reach the back of your mouth.
The toothbrush has a massaging mode that brings blood to the gums. When your improve the circulation to parts of your body that are damaged, the area will start to become healthier. Massaging the gums will heal and reduce the damage. It might actually reverse the effects of gum recession over time.
Many people who start to have issues with their gums or plaque will attack the area vigorously. This can actually lead to more damage. The ProtectiveClean brush heads have soft bristles that are packed tightly together to provide more cleaning without scrubbing.
- Specifically designed to take care of receding gums
- Patented sonic technology from Philips
- Simple and intuitive design
- Removes up to ten times more bacterial plaque than a regular manual toothbrush
- Allows you to tackle trouble spots while still being gentle on gums and teeth (via deep clean mode)
- Most users say that the battery lasts for about 2 years, so you may need to prepare for a replacement
This is the best rechargeable electric toothbrush from Oral-B and it’s also their best option for dealing with receding gums. It has got everything you need to deal with your condition.
And many of its features are unmatched. These include its Bluetooth connectivity which allows for communication between the toothbrush and your smartphone. It’s the only model that comes with this feature.
This function will blow your mind and revolutionize your dental care routine as it gives you real-time feedback on your brushing habits. You can use the Oral-B App to get dental care tips as well as motivational messages as you continue cleaning your teeth and improving your gums to treat your receding gums.
Through its professionally-inspired 3D cleaning action you’ll be able to reach all surfaces of your teeth, including those hard-to-reach areas, and clean them thoroughly. The tooth cleaning process is made very easy and convenient by its other great features, which include: pressure sensors, 6 cleaning modes, rechargeable, long-lasting battery, waterproofing, indicator bristles, and wireless SmartGuide.
- Very easy to use
- Professionally inspired CrossAction brush head design
- From Oral-B: the No.1 dentists recommended brand
- 3D cleaning capabilities extensively clean the entire mouth, removing up to 100% more plaque
- 6 Cleaning modes
- The battery takes too long to charge (24 hours)
- It has a blue light that flickers when charging, and this can be annoying for some
Boasting 40,000 micro-brushes per minute, this electric toothbrush will provide you with powerful dentist-like cleaning. It is an effective electric toothbrush that will provide you with clean and healthy teeth in just 7 days. As if that’s not enough, the toothbrush takes 14 days only to improve gum and oral health.
Best of all, this electric toothbrush does not make a lot of noise when working despite delivering thorough cleaning. It is obviously a complete upgrade over regular electric toothbrushes. It works with any power source, and this makes it extremely convenient to deal with. Breakdown of the Fairywill Black Electric Toothbrush:
- Number of Brushing Modes: There are 5 personalized brushing modes. And their role is to improve gum and teeth health.
- Charging Time: It takes 4 hours for the battery to fully charge.
- Battery Life: The battery lasts up to 30 days.
- Included Brush Heads: This electric toothbrush comes with 3 brush heads to make sure you are not inconvenienced in any way.
- Charging Method: The battery is rechargeable via USB; therefore, expect to have an easy time charging it.
- Weight: The toothbrush weighs 2.88 ounces only. As such, you will not find it bulky to hold.
- Packaging is nice and professional
- Leaves teeth feeling very clean
- The price is hard to beat
- The longer neck allows you to access any place in the mouth
- Some people find the vibration very tickly
Not combined, like the Waterpik Sonic-Fusion, the products can be used independently, but the toothbrushes charging station is the main water flosser unit rather than a separate stand which is more conventional.
From a convenience point of view, this is great as it offers a neat countertop solution and is even 40% smaller than the previous generation.
Better electric toothbrushes are available from Sonicare and Oral-B, but this does a decent job. It has a built-in pacer and 2 minute time and comes with a travel case for those times you need it.
You even have the choice between a high, low and massage mode on the toothbrush, so you choose the setting that is perfect for you.
The water reservoir gives in excess of 90 seconds of usage and 5 different tips are in the box making it suitable for various users without the need to buy extras. 2 toothbrush heads are included too.
You may want a little more information on how and why these suggestions were made. If you continue reading this article, you will get a comprehensive explanation as to what are considered important features and functions to look for when choosing an electric toothbrush for sensitive and receding gums.
- All in one solution
- Large water reservoir
- 5 different tips included
- 10 different pressure settings
- Electric toothbrush included
- Built-in timer and pacer with the toothbrush
- Not the best electric toothbrush
What Are Receding Gums?
This is a condition that’s actually surprisingly common among adults in the US. It’s most often caused by either poor oral hygiene or from age. As the gum line surrounding each tooh recedes, more and more of the tooth is exposed to bactera and begins breaking down.
Luckily this condition is not only treatable, but entirely preventable with a well maintained and rigorous brushing and flossing routine.
We’d recommend that if you’re showing early signs of receding gums, the best thing to mitigate any further damage and prevent future gum disease is by using an electric toothbrush coupled with a water flosser (or just simple floss).
Signs That Tell if you Have Gum Recession
- Tender Gums– In the early stages of dental problems and gum disease, you might have only the slightest symptoms and no pain. As it advances, you’ll have tender gums that hurt when you touch them.
- Inflammation & Bleeding – When you brush, the gums can become swollen and start to bleed. This is one of the biggest signs that there’s a problem and gums might be receding. They might appear red or purple at times, too.
- Teeth Elongated – When gums recede, more of the tooth is exposed. If you notice that your teeth seem longer than they were normally, that’s a huge sign that gums are receding.
- Loose Teeth – Disease and bacteria can eat at the teeth around the gum line. This can make them very loose. The structure of the tooth is being attacked, which leads to tooth loss eventually.
So, these are all of the Best Electric Toothbrushes For Receding Gums available on the market. We hope this collection was helpful to find the right Electric Toothbrushes For Receding Gum for the money. However, we recommend checking out the features, benefits, and problems of each of these Electric Toothbrushes For Receding Gums before taking your decision.